Tuesday 17 May 2016

Western shuttle

Today I flew our Western Equatorial Shuttle, with stops in Nimule, Kajo Keji, Yei, Ibba and Maridi before returning to Juba. Our 14 passengers represented eight organisations including Winrock International, ECS, AMREF Health Africa, International Medical Corps, the British Council, Seed Effect and UNFPA.

Along with our other paying customers, we had on board LuAnne Cadd, our 'roving MAF reporter'. LuAnne spent most of the flights hard at work interviewing passengers for stories which will end up in various MAF publications.

LuAnne interviewing a passenger en-route from Yei to Ibba
Yesterday on the flight to Aweil I was also accompanied by LuAnne, but without a plane load of passengers I was the one being photographed and interviewed! I find it surprisingly difficult to keep a straight face and to 'act normally' with a big camera lense a few inches from my face so I think I make her job quite difficult, but she takes some great pictures so the results are always worth it.