Thursday 5 November 2015

Back to reality

Well, we had a wonderful 2 week break in Kenya, including 5 nights at the coast, but now it's back to the realities of living in Juba.

Our Caravans are being upgraded with new avionics (Instruments, GPS, radios etc) and the first aircraft to be completed is now operational here in South Sudan. I have not had a flight of my own yet this week but I have flown with 2 of our other pilots as we familiarize ourselves with the new equipment. It's great to have more modern instrumentation, particularly a traffic warning system, and I look forward to having the aircraft to myself for a few hours tomorrow :)

Sadly yesterday there was a bad aircraft accident close to Juba airport. A heavily loaded Antonov crashed immediately after takeoff into the banks of the Nile and about 40 people died in the crash. Lets pray for the friends and families of those who lost their lives.