Saturday 18 February 2017

To Juba, and beyond...

Glad to report that I spent a couple of days flying up in South Sudan this week.

I travelled up to Juba on Thursday morning and then took a load of food, medical and building supplies up to Keew and Jaibor for CMA. The medical supplies and food went to Keew, where I collected nearly 200kg of plumpy supp which went on to Jaibor along with timber and bags of cement.

It felt like a long time since I was last there, and looking back in my logbook I see that it was 7 months ago that I last landed in Keew and Jaibor, just one week before our evacuation from Juba.

On Friday I flew a charter for Tearfund to Motot, carrying mostly food supplies. On the return leg I brought 5 Tearfund staff back down to Juba with me.

It was really good to be back in South Sudan and flying again for our partners who are still doing such good work up there.