Thursday 3 December 2015

Akobo, where it all began

My first flight today was down to Kajo Keji for the Baptist Convention of South Sudan. Most of the passengers had Arabic sounding names and I learned that they were going to Kajo Keji for an evangelism training programme. Some were pastors and I understood that most of them were from Muslim backgrounds. Let's pray that they will be shining lights back in their home communities when they return.

My second flight was to Akobo for ECS (Episcopal Chrurch of South Sudan) and it was my first time to go there. I was intrigued to land at Akobo as it was one of the very first MAF bases in Africa back in the 1950's (I hope I have my history correct there!).

Unfortunately it was a rather frustrating stop in the end, thanks to over eager 'officials' on the ground demanding money. At least I can say I've been there, but I can't say I'm in a big hurry to go back.