Thursday 17 September 2015

Holy Trinity Peace Village, Kuron

Today I had the privilege of visiting the Holy Trinity Peace Village, Kuron. As a MAF pilot I get to see a lot of this country, but more often than not it is from quite a distance. Most days I will cover quite a lot of ground but only really get to see the airstrips at our destinations and not the actual work that is changing people's lives.

When I landed in Kuron today I was invited to have a look around with the group of people I had flown in and, since there was no hurry to get back to Juba, I accepted. Over the next 2 hours we bumped over some rough roads to see a Vocational Training Centre, a Health Centre (the only one for more than 60km in any direction), a Youth Centre (a large hall where conferences can be held and including accommodation) and the Administrative Centre. If I understood correctly, all this seems to have grown out of the vision and motivation of Bishop Taban, clearly a man of God with a heart for peace in this country. Now that's something worth flying for.

Bishop Taban (with a big fish!)
Youth Centre
Vocational Training Centre
Medical Centre