Wednesday 4 August 2010

Ferry flight to Uganda

This last weekend I had the oportunity to ferry an aircraft from Dodoma to Kampala in Uganda. The aircraft had been in storage for some time in our hangar but will now be used by MAF Uganda. It was an interesting experience and my track took me right over the Serengeti and around the eastern side of Lake Victoria. The flight took 4 hours to Entebbe and then, after clearing customs, a further 10 minutes across to the MAF airfield at Kajansi.

MSY just arived Kajansi

I was hoping to get a couple of good pictures along the way, as I have never seen Lake Victoria before, but unfortunately the weather was very hazy and none of my pictures came out very well at all...

An added bonus of doing the ferry flight was that I had the chance to meet up with some other MAF staff who I had not seen for some time, some in Kampala and others in Nairobi as I travelled back to Dodoma.

After such a long flight over the weekend this week is quite the oposite with 4 days of medical safaris with the longest leg being about 40 minutes...